If you got your MIUI-supported Android phone flashed with the latest MIUI 1.6 ROM, most probably you will find that it is impossible to get the Swype keyboard fully installed in your device; most likely the Swype installer is unable to license your copy of Swype, causing the keyboard running without license which have limited functionalities. The main cause is that in MIUI ROM, there is no way to disable Swype as required since that particular Settings page has been modified. But not too worry, it is still possible to install it completely, although it involved several extra steps.
What do you need?
Android Phone with MIUI 1.6 flashed (Tested on 1.6.3)
Internet Connection (Wi-Fi recommended)
Titanium Backup (Free version)
Valid Swype beta account (Register at http://beta.swype.com/ if you don’t have one)
Swype Installer 1.5 (It might show 1.1.26483 (12.15) but don’t mind about it)
Note: Always get the latest installer from Swype. Expired installer won’t work.
1. Get your Android phone connected to Wi-Fi internet connection.
2. Uninstall both Swype installer and Swype keyboard if you have them installed.
3. Login your Swype account at http://beta.swype.com/, then download the Swype Beta installer.
4. After the Swype Beta installer is downloaded, run and install it.
5. Launch the Swype Beta installer from homescreen, then login your Swype beta account.
6. Choose the Swype version that you wished to download and install.
7. Once it is downloaded, install it, then press Done.
8. You should be greet with a start up page, with four buttons in the middle of the screen. Press Generate License.
9. Press Select Android Keyboard. From the pop-up, select Android Keyboard.
10. Press Disable Swype. (This is where the problem is. Just proceed to Step 10).
11. Press Home button, then launch Titanium Backup (you might have to grant the ROOT access for this app). Look for Swype in the Backup/Restore list, then press on it. Press Back Up.
12. Once it is being back up, press Uninstall in Titanium Backup.
13. Long press Home button and switch to the Swype Beta installer.
14. Press back button once if you are still in the keyboard settings. The Swype beta installer should check the version again, then ask you to login.
15. The previous entered login credential should be still there (otherwise enter manually again). Press Login.
16. Select the Swype version that you previously selected, and re-download it again.
17. After it has been downloaded, DON’T install it. Leave the installation page as it is, don’t press Cancel or Install.
18. Long press Home button and switch to the Titanium Backup.
19. Press on the Swype in the list, then press Restore. An installation prompt should be appear, proceed with the installation by pressing Install. Check the notification bar, and click on the Restoring apps notification to complete the restoration.’
20. Once the restoration is confirmed done, long press Home button and switch to the Swype Beta installer. You should be still at the installation page, press Cancel.
21. Since the Swype Beta is restored from Titanium Backup, the Swype Installer will now try to license it. Ignore it and press Home button to go back to the home screen.
22. Launch Notes app (or any apps that used keyboard), then open up an old note, or create a new note. Long press the text field, then press Input Method and select Android Keyboard
23. Long press the text field again, then press Input Method and select Swype
24. Your copy of Swype should be licensed and fully functional now.
Let me know if you still unable to install Swype on your MIUI ROM.
Source: Android Central Forum